Educating Ice and Snow Professionals on Deicing – – –
Visit our booth #430 and speak with OxyChem & Great Lakes Chloride representatives:
Joe Althouse to present at 2013 APWA Snow Show, April 7 – 10, Charlotte, NC.
- This session will describe how the science of deicing applies to real world issues such as application rates (melting capacity), application timing (melting speed) and the influence of pavement temperature (re-freeze). With improved understanding of the underlying science, snow fighters will be better positioned to successfully adjust techniques and strategies to ever-changing weather patterns and public expectations.
Room : 207 AB
Time: 10:10 AM
- Explain phase diagrams and what they reveal about melt performance.
- Explain the cause of re-freeze and what can be done to prevent it.
- Establish an understanding of the chemistry behind deicers.
- Mr. Joseph B. Althouse
Technical Representative, Occidental Chemical Corporation, Ludington, MI
- “Joe has a way of explaining scientifically complicated information to the audience in an easy to comprehend way.”